About Adam

Retail Demon, Event Guru, Quizmaster, Novice Blogger, Baseball Player, Fiancee, Film Addict, TV enthusiast, Jack Bauer Devotee.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Job Interview Live!

12.00pm All over, phew! I'd say I'm optimistic but not Apprentice OTT optimistic. Will find out next week, feel a but sick but that may be trying to blog whilst in a taxi.
11.30 Interview time! Didnt sell myself as much as I could but if the main point is selling items I think I did OK. Would have prefered the recruitment man rather than the lady I had but she was generally friendly and helped me out when I was stuck.

10.30 Prep for the selling exercise. I survey the items and wait to be approached, 30mins later I'm trying to sell to a 'mum with 2 kids'. Overall it went well but a coupl10e of stumbles.
10.00 Team building: we're given the desert island scenario and we have items to pick from a list. We go with a bowl, matches, an empty toolbox (my idea), a knive and a sleeping bag.
09:30 It begins! A group of 5 of us are welcomed by the regional manager and told of the mornings activities. First a team exercise then a mock selling activity with an interview to end it off.
08:21 waiting at Manchester Oxford Road for my next train. The actual job wouldn't be this far only the interview but bloody hell I'm tired and a bit cold. Plus O seem to be very gassy this morning.
07:30 At Liverpool South Parkway I am saddened to be joined by other journeymen. One particular fellow looks like he has partied at Glastonbury since y2k and I attempt a stealth picture. However I forget that my flash is set on and I panic, he seems none the wiser so I'll retry later.
07.13 : Morning. This is my first job interview in a long time and I thought I may as well throw my experience on here. So the day started at 5.55 with the realisation that my monthly train pass has gone walkies during the night so I scramble to find change. Then I 'suit up' and head out the door with a 'good luck' from the sleepy missus. Got to Lime St and got myself a vitamin water (very southern!) and now the man with the paddle has waved us off and here we go!
Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment