About Adam

Retail Demon, Event Guru, Quizmaster, Novice Blogger, Baseball Player, Fiancee, Film Addict, TV enthusiast, Jack Bauer Devotee.

Friday 22 July 2011

You Drive Me Crazy

Just 2 hours ago I was about to take my driving test.
Nearly 2 years ago I had failed due to a very silly junction error. But the prospect of passing was more important this time round. My theory validity runs out at midnight so if I fail, I have to redo everything from scratch. I had been promised a Dominos meal for victory and nothing for failure.



With that in mind I am searching my own mouth for morsels of eaten food...as I failed yet again.
When the reasons were given to me I couldnt believe they were the ones that caught me out. Turning a busy corner too quick (30secs into test), indicating a left turn too late and not being in the correct position whilst making a turn. Those were classed as major mistakes. I ended up with 3 majors. The only positive was that I had 3 less minors then in 2009. My heart immediately pounded and anger entered my sweaty drivers seat.
Then the worse part of failing a test...going home in the passenger seat. Literally passing hundreds of successful motorists with your head slightly lower than usual. The instructor was attempting to put a brave face on it with motivational cliches but to no avail.
The longest ride home was made worse firstly by seeing some in-laws DRIVING somewhere, they failed to spot me but that may be due to my skills at turning my head.
And finally a text that had entered my inbox during my test as if to taunt me. Text is below....

Domino's FREE Ice Cream Fridays! Spend £20 online & get a 500ml tub of Ben & Jerry's absolutley free!* Order now: Dominos.co.uk *T&Cs Apply Reply STOP 2 opt out

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment